Friday, October 10, 2008

Doggysitting and More

I'm watching a friend's chihuahua, Callie, while our friend is at the beach with her husband and a few other friends (I was invited, but there's no way we could afford a trip right now).

So far, Callie has pooped in the house three times and peed twice, even though I did make sure to take her out regularly for potty breaks. I think anxiety is getting to her. First of all, she's away from her family and home. Secondly, we have a cat, which is a new, weird thing for her. Third, we have small children. 'Nuff said. Bless her little heart.

I set up a bed for her with her blanket from home and a pillow, but she refused and insisted on waking me up to sleep under the covers with me, in my bed. I'm a softy, so I let her.

I know very little about caring for dogs on a regular basis, but I do love dogs, so I'm enjoying the learning experience. The potty accidents and trips outdoors for breaks, however, are solidifying my appreciation for litter boxes, though they're a pain to clean. Even so, I still think I'd like a doggy someday, maybe when we own a home with a nice yard.

Of course, I took pictures.

This is Callie:

Photobucket


Doggysitter Dax:

Photobucket


Tim let Jett walk her in the park:

Photobucket


Dax and I (not a super flattering angle for me):

Photobucket


Dax:

Photobucket

Photobucket


It's been fun, Callie!

Photobucket

3 comments:

babyhellfire said...

Awwww! what super great pics!!
Dax looks sooo big! too fast!


LOL! We are the opposite, hubby is TERRIFIED of a litterbox (what POOP in the house?!!) and therefor afraid to get a cat again, unless it is an outside cat :( . I miss having a kitty.
sigh, we've become dog people

North Carolina Mom said...

Chihuahuas always looks so worried. Lol. Cute pictures, great to see your boys!

tata said...

O
M
G
!
!
!

How did he get so big, so fast?! Your boys are totally beautiful. Seriously. Best get that beating stick ready now for them girls that will be surely hanging on their every word!

As for animals, well, my cat has been totally misbehaving and driving us crazy. Like BHF's DH, mine HATES the poop in the house and I'm finding myself annoyed at the cat hair. I think he will be our last pet for a long, long time.