Friday, February 27, 2009

Why Coke and Laptops Don't Mix.

My lovely Dell Inspiron laptop finally went to laptop heaven just shortly after Christmas. It's really amazing that it lasted so long, considering some of the abuse it's taken. I spilled on it twice (the second of which was the final blow), and I slammed the top down too hard once, resulting in some malfunctions, and later on, just before the final Coke-tastrophe, the screen completely blew, requiring the use of an external monitor. I think that may have been related to the top-slamming incident.

Well, now we have a brand new desktop, complete with a 22-inch monitor. I'm preparing to study medical transcription online, so I wanted to have a good computer system to work with. I'll also be using it to work from home once I finish the training program.

So, I'm back online, and I'm hoping to start a couple new special interest blogs - one for weight loss, once I start my weight loss journey, and one that will follow a very new road for our family - Jett's upcoming speech therapy and upcoming occupational therapy evalution. The path of speech delays, sensory processing disorders, evaluations, and organizations is becoming a very scary one for us, and I think I could use a specific outlet for some of my fears and concerns. I'll post here when I get those blogs rolling.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Meredith! I haven't talked to you in a long time. I'm in school right now getting a master's in speech therapy, so I'm interested in hearing about Jett's journey. And of course if you have any questions about what's going on and can't/don't want to talk to his therapist, feel free to ask me! Hope you are doing well!

Smurfy said...

Thanks, Melanie. :) I appreciate you stopping by. I may start a separate blog to write about Jett's therapy and evaluations, so feel free to check back for any updates/links to new blogs. We're still waiting to start the actual therapy, but once we get going, I'm sure I'll have more questions and concerns. I'll definitely keep in touch. Thanks for commenting! :)