Friday, June 20, 2008

Uh, Smurf's Turf?

Yes - Smurf was my nickname in high school. There was another girl named Meredith, and she had been dubbed "Murf". Since my name is also Meredith (and, apparently, nicknames are mandatory in some places), I was called "Smurf". A lot of people didn't even know my real name. I was just "Smurf" or "Smurfulls". I still answer to it, and some people still call me Smurf. I have a fond kinship with this nickname - thus, I use it online from time to time.

There you have it. :D

5 comments:

tata said...

Can't quite get my finger on why, but it suits you. I can imagine calling you "Smurf."

I'm tata. I dig on it, too. I never had a nickname when I was a kid (none I liked anyways) and always wanted one. Thanks, nephew!

Smurfy said...

I've never really figured out why, either. :P I do like the Smurfs, though.

Tata totally works for you. :)

tata said...

Thanks! I just wish everyone would keep it in all lowercase letters (or all caps). I'm OCD like that. t a t a

Smurfy said...

That makes me giggle. It's the OCD in me that makes me want to capitalize it. :P I'll try to remember.

tata
tata
tata

North Carolina Mom said...

I had to laugh about your comment that nicknames are apparently required in some places! My husband's relatives, who reside in SC all go on and on coming up with nicknames for my kids!

I INSIST that nicknames come naturally and aren't planned out. We've had some good arguments about it!